BASH & Newb
Newb alert ! ... Newb alert !!
<snip>
mode "-x" option, try with just `bash
autobackupmysql` or just `./autobackupmysql`
If you were a Scooby Doo fan; bring to mind the sound that he made whenever he 'discovered' something <recall I was alive in the 70's> ... "So, there are other ways to execute a BASH script?" ... The fog started to clear as I remembered studying that for a couple of hours about six months ago.
Hence I googled it to refresh my memory and rolled my eyes at myself as I did a "./auto*sql" and waited a few minutes for the email to come to me.
... wait ... wait ... wait ...
** Ok; it came in ... two .sql files, 'NO' error log ** ... thank you thank
you !!!
Although I still don't understand why debug mode would have caused the script to spit out an error log; my eyes continue to roll at myself as I consider the hours that I poured over this, the ticket that I submitted with my web host, and the three forums that I posted it in.
Ok; now to do the 'right' thing and post the success in all three of those forums and ease the mind of the engineer at my hosting company.
... you know he was thinking about it all night; ok probably not :-)

Labels: Client Ramblings, Linux, MySQL/PHP, Tim Talks, Ubuntu, WebHosting


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home