Diigo, Spurl, Delicious; next?
It's a good service, I don't begrudge them for asking for money for it. Again I'll say it's a good service, and if I pulled in the kind of salary that I used to pull in then perhaps they would have gotten that twenty spot out of me. But then again I might have just taken it on as a personal challenge to try to find a solution that I didn't have to pay for so I could pass on that solution to others that could not afford to pay for it.
But hey I'm that guy now; I live in a third world country and I don't have retirement so away I go looking for my next social bookmarking replacement. Something that I seem to have to do once every three or four years. I used to be a "del.icio.us" guy and then I moved on to "spurl". But when both of those started acting up and I see even worse that "del.cio.us" is getting ready to be shut down by Yahoo it looks like it's time to find a new home again.
So, after digging through a lot of possibilities (I'll spare you the three or four hours of research and testing that I did) I finally settled on creating a solution based on the free wordpress.com hosting. Want to see what I've done so far then check this out. But be kind on your first impressions. I just copied and pasted my book marks on one page to start off with and will gradually cut and past each one of them into a separate entry.
Wordpress too has a bookmarklet that will allow me a one click post of any new bookmark online. So that's covered too. Everything is searchable and exportable/importable. I think it's a pretty nifty solution. Thankful that God's given me a little creativity from time to time.

Labels: Tim Talks, Tip of the Week


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home