Friday, June 23, 2006

One Hundred Dollar Laptop

Hmm. I thought for sure that I had written about this already. I was very excited about it the first time that I saw it; perhaps I had simply emailed some friends about it. Ok well despite that error here is one of the most beautiful technology projects that I've seen in a long time.

Here is a laptop, with operating system, with USB, with wireless, and a host of other things for only one hundred dollars U.S. You see it right; only $100! It almost brings back the old Free Bytes inspiration for me. With this unit, we will finally have a strong hold on putting a computer in the hands of every child or low income individual on the planet. I know that will not solve everything because the desire that people to get what other's have is always changing, it's a moving object. And often technology isn't implemented for it's accessibility but rather it's profitability.

However still this, if used correctly, can be a beautiful thing. We'll just have to have the proper inspiration for it's use. Oh, and they are even looking at including a handcrank, or a foot pedal to generate power for it :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home