Monday, September 20, 2010

Add Password to Firefox Profile

You ever had a situation where you were sharing an installation of Firefox with someone and you wanted a little privacy. Well this extension will do it. Just use "firefox.exe -profilemanager" to add an additional profile to firefox and then add ProfilePassword as one of your extensions under that profile.

Your not going to find that extension on the extensions list on the Firefox site. I had to do a lot of digging for it and I just stumbled on it about an hour ago. I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 and then I downloaded it from here "ProfilePassword".

If you are 'really' security consious then you may want to keep looking (this one isn't encrypted. But if the people that you are using the computer with aren't too curious and you are only looking for a deterrent then this is for you !



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home